Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Corn Bread BBQ Sandwich : : Heck yes




So, I may have invented something.  
Not likely, but humor me anyway OK?


A Cornbread, Baked BBQ tofu, Caesar Salad Sandwich.

Just take these simple things and stack them all up!

I used the BBQ Tofu recipe from the Veganomicon cookbook

The Caesar Salad recipe from The Kind Diet Cookbook (which I almost have completely memorized at this point)

And the Cornbread recipe from The Happy Herbivore (I made it gluten free by using a gluten free all purpose flour mix in place of wheat flour)

And if you are the type who prefers to keep your foods separate thankyouverymuch, you can absolutely do that and still have a delicious dinner (like both my children opted to do).  This is one of the kids' favorite dinners and is sure to elicit requests for seconds or thirds.   BBQ sauce has magic powers!

You can bake the tofu and the cornbread at the same time, and the dressing just whips up in the blender so it all comes together pretty quickly.  

Till Soon, 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment