Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cook Books : : What's On My Shelf

A few people have asked me What cook Books I am using for recipes and inspiration, so I thought I'd put a list together.


  



Amazing Caesar Salad dressing recipe!  And this is the book that introduced me to Umeboshi plum vinegar.  Those two things right there make it worth the purchase for me...but there is SO much more.  Vegan Peanut Butter Cups anyone?  In addition to all the great recipes, the entire first section of the book explains the many benefits of adopting a vegan diet.  Most of this info I already was familiar with, but I did learn a few things.



This is the everyday, simple, practical, no special ingredients cookbook for vegan beginners.  None of the recipes are earth shattering or super fancy...but they are all good and quick.  This is one of those books that you will learn techniques from and then build on them for years.  Loads of big glossy pictures make it fun to work from.  A definite staple  for my kitchen.



This cook book is like the Good Housekeeping goes punk cook book for vegans.  The Authors go over techniques, ingredients, pantry staples, fridge staples, kitchen equipment and terminology.  Plus, there are Tons of great recipes!  The snarky, witty style of the authors make it easy reading.  My one complaint...not enough Pictures.  There is a photo section at the center of the book with some beautiful pics, but most recipes are photo-less. Don't let that be a deterrent though...It's still a must have.





No comments:

Post a Comment